“ An average of seventy-four species become extinct every day, which was one good reason but not the only one to hold someone’s hand… ”
chibi rochu for yunbi who sent me delicious maple biscuit & maple syrup
so china was describing his ideal gal
oh, strong you say? Russia is really strong….He even stopped a train with his own body
PROTECT YOUR HOME WHILE YOU ARE AWAY????
I KNOW I’M LOOKING WAY TOO HARD INTO THIS BUT FOR CHRIST’S SAKE I CAN’T BE THAT CRAZY
where was the first image from?
Finals are done! Classes are finished! I have Summer Vacation! And I got my one hundredth follower!! WHOOO! To celebrate, you guys are getting two Character rants instead of one! Ain’t that nice? Which brings me to my newest Character rant due to a request of an anon.
Now China is the basically the England of Asia. He’s raised a lot of countries who had left them in the end. He was betrayed by the one he called ‘little brother’, and had to fight against that said brother. I mean, listen to his character song ‘Aiyah Four thousand years’. That will make anyone cry. He’s over 4,000 years old, and one of the oldest countries in the world, I mean, the dude was around when Rome and Germania were still alive, and the fact that he managed to survive for this long is just amazing in his right. So let’s get this started. I apologize for advance if this is not my best. My great grandmother was in the hospital this weekend, and it was a mess. But she’s fine, and I’m home, and I’m ready to do this!
1. Aru. Aru. Aru. Aru.: So the Japanese have this stereotype that the Chinese say the word ‘Aru’ at the end of every sentence. It’s how the Japanese see the Chinese, and it’s canon in both the manga and the anime (English Sub anyway). Frankly, I don’t see nothing wrong with using aru. Like the Kesesese, it’s canon, so why not use it? I think the thing that got me peeved is they use it in every single sentence he says! Not even in the anime or manga does he say it after every fucking sentence. Come on guys! That’s fucking overkill.
2. Weak: Now in that uke/seme bullshit (which I made a rant about before), China would be make the Uke. But why? I mean, the dude’s fucking four thousand years old! He’s been around since Rome and Germania, and the dude’s still alive! I mean, come the fuck on! If any of you who makes him the ‘uke’ ever read a piece of China’s history, you know it goes far. His Wikipedia page is even larger than Prussia., which I compared was as long as Harry Potter book 8. China’s biography would take up at least a good 45-50% of a textbook! So why would he be weak? Because he has long hair? Because he looks like a girl (we”ll go over that later)? Ugh. That uke/seme thing is bullshit. And don’t even get me started about what happened with Japan.
3. Old: Yeah it’s okay if you want to make an old joke here and there. I mean, China makes some himself….not intentionally, but still. There’s a time and place for everything. Not every part of your fanfic needs an old joke. And think about it, if you saw that man for the first time without any knowledge of the manga or anime, you wouldn’t even know he was old. So cut the damn old jokes out guys. Most of them aren’t even fucking creative. They’re pieces of Yo Mama jokes.
4. For my England/China Shippers: PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE DO NOT ROMANTICIZE THEIR HISTORY! Coming from someone who just finished a course about East Asian History, their history was not all rainbows and lollipops. This fandom has a huge problem with romanticizing historical events. Though it’s not their fault. Himaruya made the American Revolution into this huge sobfest (and I teared up when I first saw it. Not proud.). Let me tell you about China and England’s history. England forced China to open their doors, smuggled a highly addictive drug into the country, causing millions to get addicted and die, and then bombed them, forcing them to pay back reparations for a war, and had to give up the province of Hong Kong for a hundred years. By the way, China finally got Hong Kong back in 1999. DOES THAT SOUND FUCKING ROMANTIC TO YOU?! DOES IT?! DOES IT?! I rest my case.
5. For my Russia/China shippers: PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE DON’T MAKE CHINA THIS SUBMISSIVE UKE WHO’S AFRAID OF RUSSIA BEATING HIM! LIKE WTF! China is not weak (which I explained before). He’s four thousand fucking years old! We clearly see him stand up to Russia, therefore, he wouldn’t be afraid of him. I mean, he says no straight to his face about ‘coming with him’. I think China would be able to stand his fucking ground against them.
6. ‘Raped’ Japan, Taiwan, and other colonies: I’ve read this one fanfiction where he raped Taiwan because she was being bad. This just pisses me the fuck off. First off, he loved his colonies. You clearly see that in the manga with how he treated Japan. So can someone tell me WHY PEOPLE MAKE CHINA RAPE HIS (Ex) COLONIES?! RAPE IS NOT SOMETHING TO TAKE LIGHTLY. THAT’S SOME SERIOUS SHIT GUYS!
And here comes my biggest peeve about China.
6. China being portrayed as a girl: None of the peeves even amount to this one. So, let’s get started because this is going to take a while.
So we all know in the English Dub there’s a joke about China being a chick after he drew himself looking beautiful. But that’s not the only thing that makes people want to turn him into a girl.
a) He has long hair (which makes him looks like a girl): This has got to be one of the most ridiculous reasons why people make him a girl. So what if he has long fucking hair?! The dude’s been around for four thousand years. If I’m not mistaken, the Chinese never cut their hair! NEVER! It was like a symbol or something of the sort. He keeps his hair because of that principle he was raised on. It’s the only thing he has that reminds him of the old world he’s so used to. He doesn’t like change. He doesn’t like this new world. He missed the old days when emperors used to rule. And what’s wrong with a guy having long hair? Not every guy is going to have short hair, like how not every girl is going to have long hair.
b) He voiced by a woman: And? What does that fucking mean? May I remind you that not every male anime character will be voiced by a woman. Switzerland was originally voiced a woman in the Japanese version. Latvia is voiced by a woman. Hell, even Sealand is voiced by a woman! No one makes them act like a woman. And I can name a tons more male characters who are voiced by women. So why does China get all this scrutiny for being voiced by a woman?!
c) He loves cute things (animals, Hello Kitty, etc.): And since when can only woman like cute things? Is there a law saying that men are not allowed to like cute things? I mean, there are tons of guys that love My Little Pony. There’s nothing wrong with liking cute things, no matter what your gender is. And if liking cute things make you seem like a girl, then you are a sexist who is conforming to gender roles. That’s like saying girls can’t like video games (And I love video games). Stop the gender roles guys.
d) He dresses up like a woman: The only time I ever seen China dress up like a woman was during the April Fools comic, but that was because Spain blackmailed him to doing so. He wasn’t the only dress out in female apparel, but yet he gets the scrutiny once more. And another thing, the traditional Chinese garb wasn’t really gender oriented. So while he looks like a woman to you, he’s actually embracing the traditional culture of China that’s been around for centuries. Betcha ya’ll feel pretty guilty for making fun of his clothes now huh?
Bonus: I’d like to point out that CHINA’S NYOTALIA IS A FUCKING FEMALE! If China was a woman, wouldn’t his Nyo version be a male like the other female characters?
So what have we learned? China isn’t a weak, uke who always say ‘aru’ at the end of every sentence, and he damn sure isn’t a girl. He is a country who has been through four thousand years of wars, rulers, empires, and the like. He’s the Britain of Asia, having so many colonies that all left him in the end, and he tried to get back his family again (like Britain), but with little success. China is a serious character. His boss is a fucking dragon, and that’s badass. He’s not some ‘uke’ guy that says ‘aru’ every sentence while making him some girl because of some ridiculous things. So I end this rant with the same thing I say every time.
DON’T FUCKING DO IT!
Thank you, and have a lovely night.
I love you.
Now i don’t have to do this